Detailed map with original colour and title in Swedish shows Swedish provinces Älvsborgs and Vänersborg.
The map was published separetely by Kongliga Lantmäteri Contoiret (Royal Institute of Surveyors). The institute started publishing separately issued maps of Sweden in 1739 with a goal to map the country in uniform maps. The first map was the grand “Charta öfwer Mälaren” by Jacob Nordencreutz. The maps Upland, Västmanland, Södermanland, Nerike, Skåne and a map of Sweden were issued in the 1740s and early 1750s. The next map – map of Medelpad – was not published until 1769. It was followed by the series of maps in the next 25 years, the last one being „harta öfver Heinola Höfdingedöme“ in 1793. Many parts of the country were not covered.
The maps were never sold bound in an atlas since the project was never finished.