A decorative pocket map, printed from both sides, shows Berlin in the second half of the 1940s, as it looked liked right after the war. The map shows the traffic conections with keys in margins. The printed photoreproductions on the back show Berlin before the war and the ruins after the war.
The moto Berlin Lebt, Berlin Ruft! [Berlin Lives, Berlin Calls!] was created by the city in 1947 in order to stimulate people to rebuild Berlin to the metropole, as it was known before the war. In 1949 this became an official moto of Berlin.