5 gouache and pencil drawings on paper and 1 original photomontage with newspaper clipouts on gouache, different sizes: between 29,5 x 20 and 27 x 20,5 cm (11.6 x 7.8 inches and 10.6 x 8 inches), some sheets with pencil drawings on the back (Very Good, one sheet with a tiny tear in a lower part).
A set of 6 original drawings in gouache, including one with a collage of photographs from newspapers, was made in the early 1950s in Germany. The drawings with their fashionable images, vivid colours and characteristic lines represent the typical German Mid-Century Design.
The drafts were made for the advertisements for the following firms and events:
– The newspaper Hamburger Abendblatt,
– A construction exhibition held from July 3rd until August 12th, 1951, in Hannover: Constructa Bauausstellung, (signed Schaper 1950),
– Pond’s beauty products: Gepflegte Frauen in aller Welt schätzen Pond’s. London. New York [The Women Form all over the World Appreciate Pond’s] (signed U.S.),
– A art exhibition in Dresden: Deutsche Kunst Ausstellung. Dresden,
– A quiz show: Frage und Antwort [Question and Answer],
– An untitled male fashion brand (signed Scha. 51).