This early engraved map of the Greek island Milos, with attractive old colour, was issued in the series of maps of islands by a Venice map maker Giovanni Francesco Camocio, who started this large pioneering opus circa 1558.
Maps were first published separately and later in Isole famose porti, fortezze, e terre maritime,…, with various variations of maps.
More common versions from this series, with a number in the lower right corner, were printed after 1575, when Camocio’s plates were acquired by Donato Bertelli.
References: Stefano Bifolco, Città e Fortezze Principali del Mondo, Cartografia e Topografia Italiana del XVI secolo. Catalogo ragionato delle opere a stampa (Bifolco – Ronca), 2018, pp. 126, 140-141 and there quoted older literature.