A large colour photogravure, issued in 1893 by a Gallery Boussod, Valadon & Cie. was based on a painting by a French artist Alfred Paris, made a year before, in 1892.
Boussod, Valadon & Cie. was a high-end Parisian gallery and the successor of the gallery Goupil & Cie, whose beginnings go back to 1827. Associated with large galleries of the world’s capitals, Boussod, Valadon & Cie. exhibited works of the most important contemporary French artists. In the late 19th century the gallery launched a line of elaborately made photogravures of their exhibited works.
Our engraving is depicted in the catalogue for the year 1893 (https://archive.org/details/publicationsnou1893bous_0/page/4).
The author of this orientalist scene was Alfred Paris (1846-1908), a French painter, specialized in horses, genres and battles.
References: Franz Goldstein – Ruth Kähler – Hermann Kähler, Dictionary of monograms 1, 1999, p. 1047