A rare pamphlet, printed on pink paper, on the German school system is according to the imprint on the title page translated from an Weimar-based author Karl Matthesius (?). It was published at the beginning of WWI, when the Ottoman Empire and Germany joined their forces in politics and combats.
The German school in Istanbul was founded in 1868 and was from circa 1900 until the end of WWI also used by the Turkish pupils. When the emperor William II visited Istanbul in 1898 he gave the institution a special privilege to issue German diplomas – the only institution allowed to do so outside Germany.
In the same time, especially during the war, more and more Ottomans were schooled in Germany at various institutions.
We could not find any institutional examples on Worldcat.
References: ÖZEGE 455.