A complete series of 12 pamphlets:
- شارلو [Şarlo, i. e. Charlie Chaplin] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 18643)
- رودولف والانتينو [Rudolf Valentino] (ÖZEGE; 17069; OCLC 1030875098)
- پولا ناغرى [Pola Negri] (ÖZEGE; 16356)
- ليندبرغ [[Charles]Lindbergh] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 11688)
- چه كى قوغان [Çeki Kogan , i. e. Jackie Coogan] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 3277 – TBTK; 7821)
- شادى بيجان افندى [Şadi (Bican Efendi) i. e. Hüseyin Şadi Karagözoğlu] (ÖZEGE; 18535)
- ايوان موزوكين [Ivan Mozzhukhin (Ivan Mosjoukine)] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 9630)
- قوميق شهير ناشد بك [Komik-i Şehir Naşid Bey i. e. Naşit Bey or later Naşit Özcan] (MİL – ÖZEGE; 11108; OCLC 1030919324)
- هارولد لوئد [Harold Lloyd] (ÖZEGE; 6965 – TBTK; 12598; OCLC 1030874917)
- دوغلاس فايربانقس [Douglas Fairbanks] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 4414 – TBTK; 8883; OCLC 1030928961)
- اوته اويونلرى [Orta Oyunları] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 15837; OCLC 949487652)
- نصل سيناما ييلديزى اولابيليرسكز [Nasıl Sinema Yıldızı Olabilirsiniz / How You Can Become a Movie Star] (BDK – ÖZEGE; 15173)
Istanbul: جمهوريت مطبعه سى [Cumhuriyet Matbaası] 1927
12 issues (complete). 12°. All 32 pp., except of no. 12 with 24 pp., with black and white illustrations, original wrappers with lettering, stapled.
Slightly age-toned and stained, small tears in margins, mostly in wrappers, a small hole from old binding in the inner white margin of all the pamphlets. No. 12 missing back wrapper, one pamphlet with a missing corner of the last wrapper, sporadic wrappers loose. Overall good examples with clean text sheets.
This attractive hard to find complete series of 12 ephemeral illustrated pamphlets represents the American stars of the silent movies Charlie Chaplin, Rudolf Valentino (who passed away a year before), Pola Negri, Jackie Coogan, Harold Lloyd, Douglas Fairbanks and the aviation star of the time, Charles Lindbergh, who in 1927, in the year of the publication, made his famous solo transatlantic flight.
The series also includes a pamphlet on one of the first major stars of the Turkish silent comedy Şadi (or Hüseyin Şadi Karagözoğlu, 1890-1941), who was active as a comedian and movie director, a pamphlet on the actor Naşit Özcan (1886 – 1943), and a biography of the Russian silent movie star Ivan Mosjoukine (1889—1939).
The eleventh issue is dedicated to Orta Oyunu, an Ottoman/ Turkish version of commedia dell’arte, which developed in the early 19th century and became popular in the last decades of the Ottoman Empire. The last number How You Can become a Movie Star is a guidebook for the readers on the path to their fame in the world of celluloid tapes.
The pamphlets offer a valuable insight on the new, modern Turkey’s perception of the Western world and are a portrait of a quickly opening society.
The pamphlets were made in 1927, in only a year before Turkey changed its original script to Latin, and were sold in an ephemeral series Beş Kuruşa Bir Kitab (5 Cents A Book).
Worldcat lists five books from the series at the Orient-Institut Istanbul (please see the references next to the titles).
 Literature for each pamphlet.