This is a rare, possibly first separately published edition of Stalin’s important speech held at the Soviet Far East University and addressed to the future communist leaders and influential people from the Near and Missile East, India and Asia. The pamphlet was printed in 3000 examples for a Tatar speaking population of the Soviet Union in Moscow.
The speech was held only a year after Lenin’s death, when Stalin succeeded the deceased Communist leader. It was a prelude into Stalin politics regarding the Tatar countries, annexed to the Soviet Union.
Stalin’s speech was held on March 18th, 1925, at the Communist University of the Toilers of the East, also known as the Far East University, which was a Soviet institution for training school for important Communist political functionaries. Founded in 1921, it housed Tatar students from Near East countries, annexed to the Soviet Union, as well as students from Turkey, China, Japan, Africa, India and Middle East. Several most important communist leaders, politicians, artists and writers attended this university until in was closed in the late 1930s.
In his speech Stalin addressed two groups of people in the audience: a – the students, who come from the parts of the Soviet Union and are already building the system in their regions on the Soviet rules, and b – the students, who come from non-Soviet countries “are living and developing under the oppression of imperialism”. He encouraged the latter ones to start a revolution in their countries.
The article was originally published in the newspaper Pravda on May 22, and shortly after published in a this Tatar translation as a pamphlet.
The pamphlet was printed in Perso-Arabic lettering, or more precisely Yaña imlâ Arabic, a Tatar variation with adjusted letters and vocal sounds in use only for a brief Period under the Soviet Union, between 1920 and 1927. Yaña imlâ approached the older Ottoman way of writing to the local Tatar sounds and made it easier to read. Around 1928, the script was replaced by the Latin and Cyrillic alphabet.
The pamphlet was published by The Central Publishing House Of The Peoples Of The USSR, active between 1924 and 1931. The goal of this publishing house was to issue publications in various languages of the Soviet Union.
We could not find any institutional examples on Worldcat.