This rare work in Polish language, printed in Vilnius, describes a Catholic church of the
Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary in Smila, today in the central Ukraine. The area with a large number of Catholic Polish inhabitants, was annexed to the Russian Empire in 1793, in the second partition of Poland.
The church was built in the neoclassical style between 1818 and 1827 under the mentorship of Anton Sovetsky, a landlord and a former member of the Polish army troops, and the building soon became the Catholic center for the wider area.
The book was written in Vilnius by a Lithuanian Catholic theologian, higher church official, professor, author and translator Mamertas Herburtas (1789-1873) and published by a major Polish publisher Józef Zawadzki (1781–1838).
This is a de-accessed example from a Cracow library.
We could not find any institutional examples outside Polish libraries.
References: OCLC 968550138.