The pamphlet was printed under the patronage of the (now formal) church of St. Nikolay in the Russian Imperial Embassy in Istanbul. The church was built between built 1838-1844 on the upper floor of the embassy (still the Russian embassy today) and designed by architect Gaspard Fossati.
The church was closed in 1914 in the beginning of WWI, reopened in 1918, and closed again by the Soviets in 1923.
The pamphlet had to be printed in a short period of the second re-opening of the church, between 1918-1923, possibly in 1919, as the book was printed under the patronage of Metropolitan Anastasius (1873 – 1965) appointed an archbishop 1916 and to the Eparchy of Chişinău and Khotin a year before.
In 1919, Metropolitan Anastasius arrived briefly to Istanbul, fleeing Odessa, together with other White Russian refugees.
We would not find any institutional examples on Worldcat.
There are no reviews yet.